Oleg Zabluda's blog
Friday, October 26, 2012
 
Juggling is easy.
Juggling is easy. 10 years ago, it took me 30 min to learn to juggle 3 balls [1], 1 week to learn to juggle 2 balls, 1 month to learn to juggle 4 balls, and 3 months to do a 5 ball flash [2]. Difficulty grows exponentially with the number of balls, and beyond 5, it's the realm of professionals, taking years of practice, 8+ hours a day.

To give you an idea, world records go like so:

10 balls for 26 catches
12 beanbags for 16 catches

9 balls for 54 seconds
11 beanbags for 25 catches
13 beanbags for 13 catches

To juggle N balls, you need at least N catches.

Other then balls, various fruits and vegetables, eggs, cell phones, bocce and soccer balls, sticks and clubs, etc, my biggest achievement to date is learning to properly juggle 3 soda cans, at the cost of some spectacular carbonated explosions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggling_world_records

[1] I've taught many people since then, some learned in 5 min.
[2] Then I tore my ACL, could not practice for 1.5 years and did not return to practice a proper 5 ball juggling. I should. I could do 9 catches with 5 balls.

Improving #6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziNcVmjSmGY

Labels:


| |

Home

Powered by Blogger