Oleg Zabluda's blog
Monday, January 30, 2012
 
I had a very high (for me) fever (38 C) over the weekend for exactly 24 hours, caused by a virus.
I had a very high (for me) fever (38 C) over the weekend for exactly 24 hours, caused by a virus. Which reminded me of the classic episode:

Captain Vrungel (Russian for "liar", the Soviet answer to Baron Munchhausen) encounters a strange maritime phenomenon - tremendous local warming with seawater boiling overboard. Turns out, it's caused by a fever from a flu-stricken sperm whale (Physeter macrocephalus) "Кашалот". Naturally, they treat him with a traditional Russian treatment of mustard plaster, fire cupping, and compresse, which was the Soviet "cure" to pretty much every decease.

Врунгель и кашалот
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beIpuQgR2mo

Labels:


| |

Home

Powered by Blogger